Spending cuts 'will see rise in absolute child poverty'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/dec/16/spending-cuts-rise-absolute-child-poverty/print
This article is about government spending cuts and the effect on child poverty. There is a big discussion about the consequenses of these spending cuts, whether or not these cuts will leed to an increase in child poverty. Government officials deny that whereas research economists and child activists say that the government program will push 200.000 children into poverty. Both sides disagree on the indicators of poverty.
Of course child poverty is a bad thing. Child poverty inhibits the cultivation and development of children. Nevertheless I agree with what the treasury spokesman said, that the cutting back on welfare is to incentivise work and remove people from getting stuck on welfare. I believe the same thing is happening in the Netherlands with the 'WAJONG'. The difference in welfare benifits and wages are so small that people rather stay at home for almost the same amount of money and I am strongly!!!! against that!!
please let me no how you feel about this topic.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten